Chiropractor for Posture
We've got your back!
Let Us Help You
Dulwich Hill Chiropractor Works With Posture
Feeling like your always slumped over a desk? Or that your starting to get neck pain from constantly looking at a smart phone? Luckily postural correction is what Chiropractic care is sometimes best known for. As Chiropractors we are experts in identifying the underlying reasons for poor posture as well as developing treatments and giving advice t best combat bad posture .
Why do we have bad posture?
Poor posture commonly arises from the modern sedentary lifestyle most people lead. That is, spending majority of the day sitting down in front a computer, over a desk or looking down at our phones. However, there are cases where people have bad posture because of underlying condition. One that can present often to a Chiropractic clinic is Scheuermann’s disease, which involves the abnormal development of the vertebral bones of the spine. This condition is estimated to occur in as many as 8% of the population, which is around 1 in 10 people and usually starts during early teenager-hood. One of the most common ways to identify the condition is through x-rays.
What can happen with bad posture?
Poor posture can affect people in several different ways, usually based on an individual’s unique pain threshold and severity of their posture problem. Some common symptoms include:
- Headaches– bad posture usually involves the head far forward from the body’s natural centre of gravity. This causes a lot of tension on the neck muscles resulting in tension headaches.
- Shortness of breath- a hyperkyphotic /slumped posture automatically decreases the volume of air your lungs can inhale
- Shoulder pain-A slumped over posture inevitably causes your shoulders to roll forward. This can put extra strain on the muscles and ligaments of the shoulder.
- Back pain – sitting down for long periods of time can cause excessive force on the inter vertebral discs, joints, ligaments and muscles of the low back
- Posture may also influence some cases of jaw pain (TMJ pain)
Consult with a professional
At My Back Relief Clinic we take the time to try and determine the root cause of your problem. We do this by taking a comprehensive history and examination and if clinically indicated, we may refer for x-rays. At My Back Relief Clinic we understand everyone’s pain is individual, so we implement multiple tools such as chiropractic adjustments, rehabilitation and ergonomic strategies to properly address your unique condition.